Saturday, February 25, 2012

something to pass the time

Looking back, everything that made no sense at the time now makes sense.
So much so it scares me.
No wait, it doesn't scare me. 
It terrifies me.
What if everything hadn't turned out the way it was suppose to turn out?
What if I was actually the chosen one? 
What if...??

So many questions run through my head when I think back to that day.
When I think back to us.
What we had.

Why wasn't I there to protect you?

So many questions that so few know the answer to.
And I am on my way to seeing one of them.

He lives in the high peaks of Darcy Mountain. First climbed by (ehem) a dude called Darcy.
1000 years ago he built a house there, and came back down.
Mind you, he went up alone. On his way down though, he was with a girl who looked no more than 20.
You wouldnt think this odd, no of course not. He was in his early years as well, 25 or so the legend says.

But she claims to have lived 200 years.

She had lived on that enchanted mountain with her entire family, father, mother, and younger brother and sister.
All was well until she reached the eve of her 20th birthday.
An old friend of her father had decided to pay a visit and so he climbed the mountain. Of course he didnt need reach the top, that time they lived on the halfway peak.
They had a wonderful lunch, and this friend decided to give the girl a present. For having lived 2 full decades.

Whatever this gift was, she turned it down. And her father told him to leave and never return. Needless to say, this 'friend' had already passed the gift to her without anyone knowing. Not even the girl.
So he walked out with a smirk and an odd dance in his steps, knowing all would go well for him.
And not so for her.

Years passed and as her parents died, she stayed the same. She watched her brother and sister move out of the house and get married. She saw them have kids. She was always known as the family friend. No one knew she was their sister. 
She took up necromancy and learned how to disguise herself.
She nursed her siblings to health when they were dying.
One day she found a spell to make people immortal. Her siblings begged her to turn them or at least another man so she wouldn't be so alone, she refused.
"I will find a way to end this, I will." She says that everytime she looks in the mirror.

Her siblings died, and so she moved up to the top of the mountain. Until the day that man came. 

So now here i am climbing back up this mountain. I know shes not there. She probably moved in with him all those years ago and probably found a way to reverse her immortal 'curse'. 
Either way, her books might still be here... right?

I might still find an answer.
I may even find her and ask her to help me, if she is willing.

I might.

No comments:

Post a Comment