Sunday, February 2, 2014

Frozen

Based off the Hans Christian Anderson tale "The Snow Queen", I'd say "Frozen" was going for  a story about the  snow queen's origins? Like waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before shes all evil and kidnapping people, also way before the goblin broke the mirror in the sky
or something like that. My theory anyway

First up, summary:
A heartwarming tale of two sisters who figure out that in the end, true love is about doing selfless acts for other people and cooping yourself up is never gona make anything better.

Basically Elsa (the one with the snow powers) accidentally shoot ice into Anna's (her "normal" sister) head and she nearly dies freezing. Like the HCA story, the snow queen puts ice into the boy's heart; Elsa, not knowing how to control her powers properly from lack of practice, accidentally puts ice in her sister. In her panic, she doesn't hear hear when her father the King tells her to calm down because fear of the thing makes it worse
Most children's tales are like, don't you think? In harry potter, "Fear of the name increases fear of the thing itself" (Dumbledore)

Anyway back to the story

I really like the way Disney twisted this story. To remove the ice, an act of True Love must be performed. Now as we all know, we expect to see a true love's kiss, because most curses can be broken with that and blah blah
But this movie is SO different. Act of True Love? Almost frozen solid? No problem. Save Elsa anyway
I can't tell you how many times I bawled while watching this movie.
Movies with two sisters make me think of Seanna so much.
Although in our case its Seanna thats' a bit distant. Its not her fault though! She just thinks differently. .......

I need some time a lone and away from this topic

No comments:

Post a Comment