Sunday, January 26, 2014

Dexter (Not the cartoon)

Earlier this year when I was still rather close to Ramsha, she was sharing with me some quotes and poems she had on her laptop and one thing lead to another we somehow found out that we had a mutual interest in dark things that make you think of life
Something like that.
Like, dark and full of hate
But bright and cheery.
Vice versa will do too.
Exactly like a Lily Allen song!
Back to the point.
Ramsha was telling me about a show about a murderous person who kills people but is on the cop force, the story came from a book, and the show itself when seen, doesn't give off that IMA KILL ALL O YIU feel. Needless to say, I was intrigued.

Based off the book (as seen in the credits) "Darkly Dreaming Dexter", the entire series revolves around the life of Dexter and the people who matter to him.
I was hooked the minute I saw it on Fox Crime. My parents had apparently been watching it for weeks without telling me and when I caught it I think they got a shock that I heard about it (obviously they hid their surprise because in foundation I didn't get into the whole FILM IS SO COOL shit).

It was everything you could ask for in a contemporary crime themed show. For me, at least.

Genius till the final minute in each season
Characters that grow and evolve accordingly (and are not dumb as shit)
Sibling love/hate relationship
Romance
Family values
Some kind of psychology shiz go on the side too like a dish
Murder scenes with lots things to make one's skin crawl
Oh and lets not forget, the twists and turns in storyline

ooh lala

As it were, since it was based off a book
It had to end
I was rather disapointed though.

I was rooting for Dexter.
Yes. I have grown to love this lovable teddy bear psycho
But noooooooooooooooooo he HAD to go Canada instead and live away from his son
HEARTBREAK

Yeah I guess I could go on and on but I'm having a fever right now and a really runny nose so I don't think sooooo

Crashing now. Nights beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment